Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TRUSTING GOD


Two scriptures have come to mean a great deal to me in recent days. The first is, "...but if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!" And Jesus said to him, " 'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes." Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief."(1) The second is, "God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent; has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?..."(2)

There are things I know to be true, promises in scripture for some pretty amazing things, at least by human standards. I have seen God keep His promises and do miraculous things, like heal my husband by removing his brain tumor. Yet I am 'counseled' that "God doesn't do that anymore"! Having witnessed God do great things, I still find myself saying to my God "IF You can do anything". Perhaps it is better put "IF You want to?". Why do I let the murmuring of no faith affect MY faith? Of course God is sovereign. Does His sovereignty negate His promises? If God is God, that answer has to be NO. Because God is God, it must be that He chooses how He keeps His promises, not IF He keeps His promises. God is not a man, that He should lie.

(1) Mark 9:22-24, (2) Numbers 23:19


No comments:

Post a Comment